Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!















Here in Ohio, this has been an important day for our family. We Plant our peas outdoors. By this time of the year, I am ready to grab spring by the tail and reel it in.


To honor my mother, today I set up a raised planting bed for the kids at the school. We carefully divided the round bed into slices, like a big dirt pie. The kids were so happy to go out. One little boy stuck his finger in the soil, and for the first time in my life, I saw someone have a shiver of excitement. Big thanks for Mrs Burns for all the work and contributing the supplies.

I also dressed up like a wee Irishwoman and passed out chocolate gold coins to the kids in each class. The pre-schoolers were delighted. The older kids are used to me by now. They still pulled on that giant green hat and giggled.

I am waiting for my husband BP to come home. We cook our own brisket and we are having Rubens for dinner. I also tried to do a dish called Colc annon. It smells really good so I have high hopes!


What an ideal day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment