Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trader Jim's and "outlet malls"

On Saturday, BP and I made a road trip south. We went to the famous Jungle Jim's grocery store. We had a wonderful time! They have an acre of just produce, and I found my favorite yellow mangoes. They are buttery and sweet, just incredible. BP had been searching for twenty years for a fruit he sampled on a missionary trip to Thailand. We found it, canned in the most extensive international food section that I could imagine. In the health food department I finally found some slippery elm lozenges. I am not a huge holistic healing fan, but these are incredible for soothing a cough.

We also stopped at gold star chili on the way home and I snagged a couple of cans for cravings that won't wait the 2 hour drive.

And on to outlet malls. As strong a rave about Jungle Jim's, this is a pure rant.

I need some church lady earrings, and was hoping to stop by Claire's and get some cute multi pack earrings at a discount. I did this quite often about ten years ago. Boy did I get a slap in the face. The "outlet store" was full of full priced items. They had less clearance than the regular retail stores. Such a disappointment. Phooey on them!

Well, I am off to go second hand shopping. BP calls it Goodwill Hunting, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment